Monday 25 August 2008

Public Transportation

These 2 years of my stay in England, many things that I have explored and learnt. Being in this British culture, one thing that I have learnt from them is Punctuality. These people are well-known for their punctuality. As all of us are well aware, when we talk about Malaysian punctuality or Malaysian timing, normally we will add extra 30 mint. As I was born in Malaysia, I'm also infected by this decease as well. However, I have tried to change my self to be on time. Well, some time I succeed to be on time. Still trying!!!...
Well, one aspect that we can look at when we are talking about English punctuality is their systematic public transportation. The buses here are really on time. In fact, each bus stop has one digital screen on top where you can view what time the bus is approaching the bus stop. When the first time I saw it, I was shocked and wish how good if Malaysia's public transportation can have such a systematic approach like this.












The screen indicates what bus is approaching and the time as well.














It is really convenient for the public when they know what is time the bus is approaching because they are able to make a good planning. No need to waste time waiting hours for the bus !!!!.








There are two bus companies running in Plymouth which are City bus ( in the picture ) and also First bus.












It shows the route the bus takes





Guna

No comments: