Saturday 21 June 2008

Proud of myself.....


Recently, I participated in volunteer activities involving workshops with the local students around Plymouth area. One of the main reasons of having such activities is to bridge the gap between different cultures. Being in Plymouth for almost 2 years, I think students here lack of knowledge about different cultures. Therefore, having such activities like this surely will help the local students and even me, to widen our knowledge about different cultures. Furthermore, as a future teacher, being part of this program gives me an opportunity to see how people like Faye (in charge for volunteer activities) who tries her best to create a good bond between the school students and the community.

The activities I involved were carried out every Wednesdays mostly at Stoke Damerel Community College. Bellow shows the activities I took part



Graffiti workshop

(Our effort!!!..although it does not look exactly what it supposed to be (RESPECT) but we enjoyed doing it as a team....
Faiz and I, the team members were working hard to complete our poster
Farah my another team member, working on the drawing part.





Circus Skills

Some of the stuffs were brought for us to have a go


My favorite activity, walking on the rope..I manage to learn it quite quickly


Mr. John, the man of the day!! he is such a versatile teacher i ever seen.



My friend, Faiz, who also tried his very best to learn the skill. Eventually he managed to do it...



So, these are some of the activities I took part. To be honest, initially, I was a bit regret when signing in my name for these workshops. I thought it was another 'burden' for me to do. But now, I am so glad being part of this group. What I learnt from here will be engraved in my heart and mind....


Guna

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

perggg.. kluar paper..
nyesal aku xgi yg last tu..
huhuhuhu...

Unknown said...

hope the remaining five months in UK makes your learn more.....good luck....

fathiah zulkafli said...

wow.guna masuk paper!!!